METHODS, MATERIALS AND MADNESS
Various materials, preparation and impression techniques are available to the restorative dentist. This presentation looks at the choices of prep design and material selection that are becoming mainstream. It evaluates popular restorative materials, preparation design and impression techniques to expose if their use is founded in fact or fiction. You will be exposed to bonding techniques and have an understanding for determining what is best for a given clinical situation.
- Understand the literature regarding popular materials for veneers and full coverage crowns
- Review which generation of bonding materials is best
- Indication for emax vs zirconia vs metal
- Condition of the laboratory technician industry
- Digital impressions and milled models vs in office-milled restorations.
- Understand the madness in reality vs expectation for given materials
- The future in the fabrication of restorations